Friday, January 21, 2005

Vacationland

I have been shrieking at The Monkey to take me away for the weekend. For many weeks now. Loudly. Frequently. He finally agreed.

He, very sweetly, spent a few hours looking up hotels in "our" city. He was trying to find a place that will allow dogs. So we can all be together. Gosh, I love that guy.

(Speaking of Gosh, I absolutely loved Napoleon Dynamite. The Monkey said he wasn't quite as impressed, but in the last couple of days, has been quoting from it as voraciously as I.)
He found a hotel in our favorite city and was almost convinced to come and get me from work today so we could head up for a longish weekend. Then came the blizzard warnings. And forecasts of -10 degree temperatures in said lovely city. Sorry, I don't think so.

The saddest part, is that besides the "getting away" part of the trip, the only reason I really want to go is for this Smokehouse Restaurant that has UNBELIEVABLE ribs and cornbread. (Even now, I drool as I type.) The thought of braving such weather, just to get ahold of some barbecue is a little much. Even for me. Well, this weekend anyway.

But just because of the blizzard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home